Our school target for attendance is 97.5%.
Good attendance throughout the school year is vital to your child's education and various studies have confirmed this.
We reward good attendance in the following ways:
- Monthly attendance badges sent out via MM for anyone with 100% attendance that term
- Termly events with the Headteacher for anyone maintaining 100% attendance for the term. These may include e.g. a tea party/games/pizza party
- Prize draw for anyone with 100% attendance across the year
We do not authorise any holidays in term time and holidays taken will be marked as unauthorised.
As well as looking at good attendance we also look regularly at poor attendance.
We monitor this in the following ways:
- If your child needs lots of medical appointments, we ask you to show the office staff the appointments cards so a copy can be put on file.
- Letters are sent out to families who are currently under 96% attendance and to families who are 'at risk' of falling into this category.
- The Attendance Team will become involved if the situation does not improve.